I have worked in the computing field for 23 years, from every position to trainee junior operator on a mainframe system, to helpdesk supervisor, to a web site designer. I created my first company website 18 years ago, and have experience with commercial and non-commercial sites, web design and construction, and SEO functionality.
As the E-Commerce manager of Cedar Rapids Tire it is my job to insure the sites we control perform at their best capacity possible. If the company feels that a site is not performing it is my responsibility to make modifications to a site to try to improve it.
Golfcarttires.com is currently noticeably underperforming in regards to visitor numbers, conversion rate and order size. It has fallen to me to redesign this site to alleviate this problem.
The aims of this project are as follows:
- Increase the visitor numbers to the site.
- Increase the conversion rate (visitor/order ratio) of the site.
- Increase the ranking position of the site in search engine results for relevant keywords.
The first step in this project is the redesign of the existing site to a more appealing and effective looking site. The next stages include the creation/installation of a blog, mashup etc to increase the appeal of the site, creation of links pointing to the site to increase ranking, and SEO optimization of the site to ensure we get the most possible SEO ‘juice’ that we can.
No comments yet.
- Golf Cart Tires Project – References
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Keywords and Search Engine Screenshots (unit 5)
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Part 5 – Project Time Line
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Part 4
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Part 3
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Part 2
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Part 1
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Online Tracking/Privacy Concerns
- Golf Cart Tires Project – Site Mashups